Bi-O Agro AS
Bi-O has gradually seen a clear need to distinguish between agricultural activities and other activities. Development of IT systems has already been separated into the company Culton X AS (during 2022), a new company has taken over the name Bi-O AS and will take care of marketing and sales, operations and financing. Bi-O AS has changed its name to Bi-O Agro AS in October-23 and will henceforth focus only on agricultural operations:
- propagation material of perennial plants
- seeds of open cultivars* (not F1 hybrids)
- development of new cultivars*
- produce for the local market
- niche products for broader markets
- operation of cooperative agriculture
- courses in all aspects of cultivation, conservation, etc.
- R&D within cultivation systems
)* Cultivar is the globally recognized term according to the International Society for Horticultural Science for what is colloquially called "sort" in Nordic languages, or in English "variety", and we want to contribute to promoting the use of the term. See more about this in Culton.